As I was writing one day, I had a brilliant (coughcough) idea. Why not make a list of my top favorite books that I’ve read this year and share them with you all? Of course, that meant choosing only 15. Not an easy task I assure you. Especially since I read 54 books this year!
These are in no particular order because that’s just taking things a little too far.
- City of Tranquil Light by Bo Caldwell
- Time Enough for Drums by Ann Rinaldi
- The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen
- Little Britches by Ralph Moody
- Maire by Linda Windsor
- An Assembly Such as This by Pamela Aidan (and series)
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Tucker Mills Trilogy by Lori Wick
- Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Happily Ever After by Susan May Warren
- Lord of the Ring series by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Everyday Life in the 1800s by Marc McCutcheon
- Lights of the Veil by Patty Metzer
- Rocky Mountain Memories series by Lori Wick
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’engle
Okay, so I might have cheated by choosing whole series’..But I couldn’t help it. And it’s my blog, so I can get away with it!
If you want to check out the books I’ve read this year on Goodreads and how I did with my year’s challenge, check it out here! I did want to read more health-focused books, as well as more biographies this year but I’ll have to move that goal on to next year’s reading goals. Overall, there were only a few books that I really didn’t enjoy. Either that means that I am getting better at picking books, or my standards have fallen… Let’s go with the first option, I like that one better.
Thanks for stopping by SGL and I hope you take the time to look around,
Happy Chanukah and Merry Christmas,