this is a two-part blog post today- hope you all don’t mind!
Today’s Blog-tember Challenge‘s prompt :
Music that moves you. Are you a Spotify addict or a Pandora guru? Tell us your favorite artists/stations!
- jazz – Sinatra, Martin, Durante, etc etc etc
- Pandora – ‘Coffee shop’ station, jack johnson…
- country – Lambert, Underwood, Swift etc…
- “I would walk 500 miles” by the Proclaimers or watch this super cool one that the cast and crew of Dr. Who did
- Weird Al “Word Crimes” – this song is spot on and awesome =)
- Alabama “Mountain Music“
- “Whatever Snow does in Summer” – because really, it’s one of the best songs in the movie
- Songs from “Saawariya” – this is a GREAT bollywood movie =)
this next bit is something i wrote last night… =)
As I’m sitting here, I find my mind wandering to all the ‘could haves’, wishes and ‘if only’s ‘. Now I know as much as anyone that it’s no good going down that path. The best thing to do is get a hug. If you can’t get that, eat some ice cream. None in the house? Go to bed.
hehe. But seriously, how often do our dreams change over the course of our lives? When I was younger, I wanted to be all sorts of things, a business woman (didn’t matter details…), a horse rider in the Olympics, work on a ranch and a writer. Interestingly enough, the one thing that has never changed has been writing. While I admit riding horses for a living would still be absolutely fantastic or being in the business world would do wonders for my wardrobe…. writing is what I’m actually decent at. Along the way I got distracted by early childhood education, culinary school and working to open my own bakery. But a few years later as I sit here alone with my sleeping dog at my feet, I realize writing is what I yearn to do. So, all that to say that I can’t wait to get this blasted pain from shooting through my temples, into my eyes and down my neck so that I can start typing furiously away at the story that I am loving so far. I’ve found myself talking about my main character as if she were a real person and her story a real life journey. That’s a good thing, right?
So, here’s to a rather large dose of tylenol, essenetial oils and remembering to put my glasses on.