I have a slight obsession with children’s books. I will get completely side tracked when I see a picture book….and then get so absorbed in it that I lose whoever I was with. Which equals lots of time looking for them again. Like I said, only a slight obsession.
I am decently picky about what ones I love though. The pictures have to fit into one of the few categories I enjoy. The story has to make sense, be interesting enough for me to want to read a few hundred times, and/or rhyme.
My Little Night Light is a rhyming picture book that encourages kids to not be scared of the dark.
I am excited to say that this book is SO CUTE. Here are the things I love about it:
- reads well out loud for those multiple bedtime readings
- is a good length for bedtime – you know those books that are essentially novels that your little sweetheart wants you to read? this isn’t that. you’ll actually smile and agree when they ask for this one!
- There are verses before and after the story, memory verse time anyone??
- There is a page of vocabulary words at the end, for those awesome words throughout that your little one might not know , like ‘ knight’ ‘looming’ ‘bloom’ and ‘dusk’
- The pictures are simple, and if it doesn’t sound strange to say, calming. They remind me a little bit of the pictures in ‘good-night moon’.
You can get your own copy, on kindle or paperback, here on Amazon. You won’t be disappointed!