A List of Delicious Recipes

2 Oct

My mom pointed out the other day that I haven’t done any food posts in a while! And, while I’m sure this isn’t quite what she had in mind, I thought I would share recipes of the new recipes I’ve tried out these past few months! Well. honestly, the energy bites are a favorite for over a year now.  . . .

list of delicious recipes

Coconut Crusted Turkey Burgers –  i have made these 3 times now and love them, although they came out best the first time I made them. This last time they were a little too dry, not sure what I did differently. But i love the coating on the burger, giving it a whole lot more flavor than a turkey burger would normally have.

Skinny Baked Cauliflower Tots – umm, these are delicious!  I am a fanatic about tater tots and french fries – and I think I could eat these instead every time! I did use my sheep cheese, and only about a quarter of what they called for….and forgot the egg, heh. But they wer still deeee-licous!  I think these could be a sneaky way to get kids to eat their veggies.

Avocado Tomato Feta Toast Poached Eggs – yum yum and yum! With our allergies, I used our homemade Challah bread, sheep cheese and duck eggs. You must make this some weekend morning!!

Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread – This recipe looks fantastic, the pictures, the ingredients all got me so excited to make this! I made my own pumpkin puree and got right to work whipping this up! I ended up not being too excited about it in the end – the pumpkin flavor wasn’t strong enough and the glaze didn’t , well, glaze. It tasted really good but didn’t thicken the way it  was supposed to. I might have to try it again just because the recipe still calls to me.

No Bake Energy Bites – these are so simple to whip up. and so yummy! I typically do a double batch because one just isn’t enough!

I hope you found something to try in this short list!

~Laura

37 Responses to “A List of Delicious Recipes”

1. Daisy @ Simplicity Relished October 3, 2014 at 9:50 am #

Avocado feta toast poached eggs?! Amazing! Also– you make challah bread and eat duck eggs and sheep cheese!! You’re my new hero!!

• booksnbakery October 3, 2014 at 11:39 am #

You’ve got to try that breakfast! It’s delicious! I might have to make it again soon now. ha. oh thanks!!! We actually have to eat restricted soo…. but it’s good stuff! my goal for challah bread is to make some that tastes good but that i can also braid. gf bread is so tricky!

2. Jamie @ Makeuplifelove October 3, 2014 at 5:38 pm #

I am totally gonna try these recipes. They sound yummmmmmm

3. spiffykermscom October 3, 2014 at 7:20 pm #

I haven’t had duck egg before – I do know it’s a bit larger, but does it taste the same I wonder?

Thoes cauliflower baked tots look awesome. They seriously look like mozza sticks or something, but way healthier. 😉

• booksnbakery October 3, 2014 at 7:25 pm #

the duck eggs taste the same to me – but i’ve heard some people say that they don’t so it might be a personal thing.
      That’s a good way of describing them! MMM you should do that with more cheese and let me know, hehe

4. Angelic Sinova October 3, 2014 at 8:32 pm #

Those Avocado Tomato Feta Toast Poached Eggs sound AMAZING right now! Breakfast foods are the BEST! I could eat them for breakfast, lunch AND dinner ❤

• booksnbakery October 4, 2014 at 9:56 am #

they simply are amazing! And i completely forgot that i was going to make them this morning! bummer.

5. redheadloves October 3, 2014 at 9:04 pm #

Um, that Avocado Tomato Feta Toast Poached Eggs sounds incredible! I need to pass this recipe on to my boyfriend for future breakfasts!

6. Andi October 3, 2014 at 9:07 pm #

I am ALL for that poached egg sandwich – sign me up!

7. Carly Anderson (@lipglosscrayons) October 4, 2014 at 8:11 am #

All of these recipes do sound delicious. I’d love to try the cauliflower tots!

8. Lindsay October 4, 2014 at 11:15 am #

Great recipes!! I am going to look into some of them 🙂

9. estherjulee October 4, 2014 at 11:15 am #

thanks for sharing! that gluten free pumpkin bread looks interesting to me. we went paleo one month and have so much left over gluten free flour. i probably need to use the rest of it.

• booksnbakery October 5, 2014 at 11:14 am #

i have a few pumpkins sitting on the counter so that pumpkin bread might happen again, and see if i can get it a bit more how i wanted it =) whew, paleo! I’ve contemplated trying it – how’s it going for you??

10. Lauren (@pinkonthecheek) October 5, 2014 at 9:48 am #

I am really started to like cauliflower, especially when it’s mashed with LOTS of butter 🙂

• booksnbakery October 5, 2014 at 11:14 am #

ooo yum. i agree!!! what’s funny is i never had it growing up so i assumed i didn’t like it and when i tried it i absolutely loved it!

11. therisselmanfamily October 5, 2014 at 3:11 pm #

Those no bake energy bites look so good!

• booksnbakery October 5, 2014 at 6:07 pm #

ahhh they are so delicious! i’m thinking about trying some pumpkin ones =)

12. teamwiking October 5, 2014 at 6:28 pm #

This is a nice list, I want to try that pumpkin bread because I’m always interested in GF recipes even if I don’t have to eat GF.

• booksnbakery October 6, 2014 at 1:06 pm #

i hope you do try it!! it’s nice to have gf recipes on hand, and a bit of experience with them, just on the chance that you’ll end up knowing someone gf! =)

13. christenwypy October 5, 2014 at 8:53 pm #

Yum! Thank you for putting this list together!

14. Fi Ní Neachtáin October 6, 2014 at 4:43 am #

Thanks for sharing these, the no bake energy bites sound great.

15. Bekkie - Lipstick & Lullabies October 6, 2014 at 8:17 am #

Great list – totally want to try those cauliflower tots!

16. Angela Price October 6, 2014 at 6:08 pm #

My husband would love the coconut crusted turkey burgers. It’s too bad the pumpkin bread didn’t turn out as planned. Keep trying!

• booksnbakery October 6, 2014 at 6:40 pm #

thanks! I am thinking i’ll give it another go this week!

17. Candace Marie (@MsCMarie) October 6, 2014 at 6:33 pm #

Skinny Tots?! Whatttt! Yes, please. thank you!

• booksnbakery October 6, 2014 at 6:40 pm #

i know!! i really want some tonight, but don’t have cauliflower. shoot. to the grocery store tomorrow i guess!!! =)

18. neelystoller October 7, 2014 at 6:36 am #

All sound great aside from coconut because Im allergic 🙂

• booksnbakery October 7, 2014 at 8:14 am #

ooohhh ouch! that’s painful, coconut has become a bit of a staple in my house. but, on the up side, you can have the tots still! =)

19. Freely Fatima October 7, 2014 at 11:35 am #

I’m a huge fan of pumpkin and a huge fan of gluten free! lol So i will definitely be checking out that recipe 🙂

20. Alice October 7, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

Avocado Tomato Feta Toast Poached Eggs – I like all of these ingredients so much, so this must actually be amazing, and I don’t know why I haven’t happened upon this before. also the coconut turkey burgers? sounds strange but very good! bookmarking 🙂

• booksnbakery October 7, 2014 at 1:05 pm #

i thought that when i was making it – how have i never had this??? the turkeys do sound a bit strange, but are sooo good

21. Erica October 7, 2014 at 3:43 pm #

My don has so many allergies so when I find new recipes he can have I get so excited and i’m thinking the Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread might just do it 🙂 Yay

• booksnbakery October 7, 2014 at 3:52 pm #

oh i love hearing that! It is hard with so many allergies – especially when you want to make something special! I hope he does enjoy it!

22. Genevieve October 7, 2014 at 6:16 pm #

These all look amazing! I think I’ll go make those energy bites right now…

23. Sarah Shermann October 8, 2014 at 1:27 pm #

Thanks for putting the list together, the burgers look great 🙂