All About Me

1 Sep

blog-tember challenge about me

Well, friends  I am so excited to start the Blog-tember Challenge today! I know many of you know what that is but for those of you who don’t let me explain a bit – it is a challenge to write here on my blog every day this month. So if you get emails every time I post…’re going to be getting a serious influx there. Sorry about that.

It should be super fun, and you’ll get to know me a whole lot better! There is a button over on the right for you to find out more about the link-up challenge! Orrrr, you can click here also. So, let’s get started!

About  me

Imagine the front sleeve of a hard cover novel. Give us your “About the Author” so we can get to know one another, and for fun tell us what your imaginary novel would be about.

Laura Starr Waxman is a culinary school graduate, newlywed and proud mama of a sleepy golden retriever. . Her favorite car to drive is her 1968 volkswagen beetle that was given to her on her 16th birthday. While she had plans of opening a bakery/coffee shop after college, she had to change her plans due to failing health. But she maintains a positive outlook and is searching for new dreams, writing being a part of that.

On mostly-pain free days, she likes to get out and walk with her dog, or get some serious cleaning done in the house. Her family and friends know she’s slightly obsessed with organizing and straightening things – even the bins in stores are subjected to her habits from time to time.

Being an aunt to her 12 nieces and nephews is her favorite pastime, along with reading, baking and learning new hobbies. Her newest adventure will be moving to a new city with her husband and dog (they are still trying to decide who will adjust to it better, the dog or Laura).

Imaginary Novel

Amelia Lynn is a young girl dreaming of adventure. When she is called to help take care of her aunt in the city, she is nervous but hopeful that this is her chance to break out of the hold her parents and small town have on her.  What she doesn’t expect are the difficulties of learning the high society rules and strict expectations of her aunts’ world – but she gains an unexpected champion along the way.

~ This is a novel I am actually working on right now. I am falling in love with Amelia Lynn and her journey. =)

Well, that’s that until tomorrow! Hope you learned more about me, it was a bit harder to write than I thought it would be. heh.

Happy Labor Day friends!

51 Responses to “All About Me”

1. Megan H. September 1, 2014 at 11:41 am #

I am absolutely GUILTY of straightening things that the store – I’ve been asked a few times if I worked there – Whoops! Eager to read more from you during Blog-tember! 🙂

• booksnbakery September 1, 2014 at 12:01 pm #

I have too – quite frequently for a while so I’ve tried to hold myself back…actually i’ve just gotten more stealthy about it. =)

Liked by 1 person

2. Songbirds & Buttons (@KendallRayburn) September 1, 2014 at 12:09 pm #

What a great challenge! I think I might join in too 🙂

• booksnbakery September 1, 2014 at 12:19 pm #

oh you should!! i’m having fun reading the other blogger’s post today

3. Lindsay September 1, 2014 at 12:16 pm #

Oh this is a very cool idea 🙂

4. joanncrohn September 1, 2014 at 1:54 pm #

Congrats on starting a novel! Such an amazing undertaking!

• booksnbakery September 1, 2014 at 2:15 pm #

thanks! It’s intimidating a bit! I have been a part of nanowrimo so that helps!

5. Kate September 1, 2014 at 3:31 pm #

Oh, I love your first Blogtember post 🙂 And I would totally read your book too. Looking forward to your other posts. 🙂

6. mom4jules September 1, 2014 at 3:49 pm #

Good luck on your challenge!

7. Nancy (@spiffykerms) September 1, 2014 at 4:21 pm #

Aww I like this idea! I’ve never put much thought into what kind of story I’d like to portray in a novel.

• booksnbakery September 1, 2014 at 6:34 pm #

for me it was the ‘about’ section that i struggled with! I’ve been dreaming of writing since I was a kid so that part was easy. =)

8. kancell724 September 1, 2014 at 6:01 pm #

I’m doing the blog-tember challenge as well. I love these challenges.

• booksnbakery September 1, 2014 at 6:34 pm #

This is the first time I’ve done something like this! so fun =)

9. Kara September 1, 2014 at 6:52 pm #

Good luck!

10. alyssa September 1, 2014 at 7:30 pm #

What a fun post!! I might have to take a swing at this.. 🙂

11. Carly Anderson (@lipglosscrayons) September 1, 2014 at 7:37 pm #

I love the first prompt! I think it’s a fun idea to write an about me like you’re an author and you’re writing the ‘About Author’ flap. 🙂 I’m excited to get to know more about you this month!

• booksnbakery September 1, 2014 at 11:10 pm #

I know!! i loved this idea. i’m not sure how many prompts I’ll do, shrug. I’ve already started on tomorrow’s though!!!

12. Amanda Wooldridge Haney September 1, 2014 at 7:51 pm #

What a fun little car to drive!

• booksnbakery September 1, 2014 at 11:11 pm #

I love vw’s!!!! i even did a post on it i think… have you ever driven a classic bug?

13. mishka824m September 1, 2014 at 9:23 pm #

I’m also working on a novel (well, two) right now…would love to hear more about your work! 🙂

• booksnbakery September 1, 2014 at 11:12 pm #

whew – two! i’m barely keeping up with one. of course, i was super smart and decided to make it set in a different time…. ahem. anyway, some of my writing is ‘hiding’ in posts with nanowrimo as part of the title. what type of writing do you do?

14. jmelee1221 September 1, 2014 at 9:25 pm #

What a great idea. I need to do a Blog-tember as well. The past few months I have been so bust, that I have been neglecting my blog for sure. Great idea and wonderful post!!

• booksnbakery September 1, 2014 at 11:13 pm #

I got so excited when I saw this challenge that bailey jean put together!

15. Girl In Beta September 1, 2014 at 10:25 pm #

Here’s to posting every day!

It takes 30 days to make a habit, so, onward!

• booksnbakery September 1, 2014 at 11:13 pm #

i’m not sure if i want to continue with the posting every day but i’m going to enjoy it for this month!!

16. Jessica September 1, 2014 at 11:54 pm #

Your novel sounds awesome! Great start to Blog-tember!

17. kristyn September 2, 2014 at 8:19 am #

thats so great, congrats on starting a novel!

18. christenwypy September 2, 2014 at 9:21 am #

This is a great way for us to get to know you. I can relate to almost everything you said here!

• booksnbakery September 2, 2014 at 9:40 am #

no way! how fun!! =) unless you mean the pain as well, and then that’s not fun at all. . . .

19. teamwiking September 2, 2014 at 9:28 am #

Great write up, congrats on the novel! That’s so exciting.

• booksnbakery September 2, 2014 at 9:41 am #

you’re so sweet – thank you. and thanks for dropping by =)

20. Jess September 2, 2014 at 11:39 am #

This is so fun!!! How awesome about your novel!!! Happy blogtember!

21. alesheadominique September 2, 2014 at 11:40 am #

You are the second person I’ve seen doing this link-up. I need to check it out and I loved learning about you.

• booksnbakery September 2, 2014 at 12:21 pm #

you should check it out – i’m having fun going through all the others’ posts for it =)

22. Chelsea September 2, 2014 at 12:35 pm #

This is a great post series idea! I love learning more about the people behind the blog.

23. allthingsavie September 2, 2014 at 1:11 pm #

Awesome! I did the Blog Everyday in May challenge this year, let me tell yah, it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. We also had set subjects to blog about each day, which made it a little more difficult considering some of the subjects weren’t in my niche. Your novel sounds great too!!

24. Jenn @ hellorigby! September 2, 2014 at 2:19 pm #

What a great idea! It was fun to learn more about you!

25. estherjulee September 2, 2014 at 11:11 pm #

what city will you be moving to? i’ve always wanted to write more.. but have been too intimidated. 🙂

• booksnbakery September 3, 2014 at 12:53 pm #

we are moving to Portland OR. Yikes! hehe. I used to write poetry and short stories – then in high school I started a novel but due to technology,,,,it got deleted. it’s taken me this long to try another one!

26. kireilauriel September 3, 2014 at 11:01 am #

What a great idea to introduce yourself and stretch your creativity! I’m glad you have writing as your creative outlet, and am sorry to hear about cooking limitations.. I hope that perhaps you’re still able to enjoy it to some capacity, even if not professionally.

• booksnbakery September 3, 2014 at 12:55 pm #

thanks so much – I am hoping to start trying new recipes again once we move. i miss ‘having fun’ while cooking. and i haven’t baked (other than bread) in ages!

27. Raewyn September 5, 2014 at 3:13 pm #

This is a great challenge. I love the way you wrote your cover biography 🙂

28. Joanna Sormunen September 6, 2014 at 11:44 am #

Love this post! What a great way to get to know you!

29. Leanna Ranieri September 19, 2014 at 10:55 am #

I love this blog challenge! I always want to do one, but I know I will forget one day!

• booksnbakery September 19, 2014 at 2:15 pm #

i just do the days that i remember/really like the prompt! that way it’s still fun and not overwhelming, and I don’t feel guilty for forgetting some days =)

1. I am Passionate about… | thestartofagoodlife - September 5, 2014

[…] is day 5 of the Blog-tember challenge over at Brave Love. If you want, check out my first and […]